While the strong thunderstorms forecasted for the area seemed to stay to the west, the system did bring in some fall temperatures (finally). Tuesday should see a high of 68 degrees and be partly cloudy with only a 20 percent chance of rain.
Route 347 and Route 111 construction continues to slow down the flow of traffic around Hauppauge, which at this point most folks are used to. Check out the traffic map above for up-to-date info.
Hauppauge Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Executive Session, 8 p.m. Public Session, Whiporwill School
Healthy Living Seminar, Kathy's Kitchen at Z Carpentry, Islandia, 6:30 p.m.
- Boys Soccer at West Babylon, 4 p.m.
- Boys Cross Country at Deer Park, 4 p.m.
- Boys Volleyball at West Islip, 6:15 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball at Riverhead, 4 p.m.
- Girls Tennis hosts Huntington, 4 p.m.
- Girls Cross Country hosts Huntington, 4 p.m.
Peter King had some harsh words for his fellow party members, who he blames, along with most Americans, for the federal government shutdown.
At the same time, it seems most people are thrilled that Fairway Market is coming to Lake Grove.
9 Ways You Can Share Tuesday
- Post Your Weekend Yard Sale
- Share Photos of the Community
- Tell Us Where Your Last Great Meal Was
- Chat With Parents About Raising a Family in Hauppauge
- Share Photos, Kudos or Observations of Hauppauge Sports
- Wish Someone in Town Happy Birthday
- Chat About School District Issues
- Hold Your Local Government Accountable
- Got Road Rage? Talk About the Infrastructure