A windy Nor'Easter will creep into the area today, with rain starting around 11 a.m. A coastal flood advisory is in effect for northwest Suffolk, and tides are expected to be up to one and a half feet higher than normal. Temperatures will likely top off at 61 degrees.
Route 347 and Route 111 construction continues to slow down the flow of traffic around Hauppauge, which at this point most folks are used to. The wet weather could slow things down further. Check out the traffic map above for up-to-date info.
- Suffolk County Community College Fashion Show and Dinner, Hyatt Regency Long Island, Hauppauge, 6 p.m. Tickets cost $45.
- Smithtown High School East's boys soccer team is willing to go purple this Thursday to benefit a Hauppauge nonprofit organization for children.
Hurricane Sandy disrupted many lives in the Hauppauge area, where in pockets power was cut for more than a week. Ahead of the first anniversary we're trying to compile the personal stories from community members about what the storm dealt them, and how they recovered. Will you share?
In Case you Missed It
Starbucks is giving away free coffee.
The county plans to enhance canoe launches at Blydenburgh park.
And cops arrested three drunk drivers in Hauppauge this past week
9 Ways You Can Share Thursday
- Post Your Weekend Yard Sale
- Share Photos of the Community
- Tell Us Where Your Last Great Meal Was
- Chat With Parents About Raising a Family in Hauppauge
- Share Photos, Kudos or Observations of Hauppauge Sports
- Wish Someone in Town Happy Birthday
- Chat About School District Issues
- Hold Your Local Government Accountable
- Got Road Rage? Talk About the Infrastructure