Patch's Holiday Guides have featured five wines for your boss, to give a host, and for stocking your holiday party over the past weeks. If you read them and thought they would be perfect, but want to know where to find them, we have 10 local wine and liquor stores in and near Hauppauge to purchase your holiday wine at.
1.: This Hauppauge liquor store has a wide selections of wines sorted by region and type. It has its own section featuring the local bottles from Long Island wineries including Long Island Meadery among others. Ask the owner for a bit of help finding a perfect bottle, and you'll find expert advice.
2. : Based in Hauppauge, this large retail wine and liquor store stocks an extensive selection of bottles - including those made locally. They are often open late in the holiday season which makes grabbing that last-minute bottle much easier.
3. Long Island Wine & Spirit Merchants: This liquor store in Commack's Northgate Shopping Center offers coupons to save shoppers a few dollars. It has beautiful gift baskets and the staff is very knowledgeable. They offer wine tastings and host special guest appearances; check their website for scheduled events. Located at 1171 Jericho Turnpike, Commack.
4. Commack Liquors Store: Commack Liquors is located in the Mayfair Shopping Center at 2020 Jericho Turnpike. There you will find a great selection of wines to choose from, from Pinot noir to champagne for New Year's Eve.
5. Figari's: This family owned and operated storefront is at the heart of Smithtown, located in Waldbaum's shopping center at 126 E Main Street. You will find everything you need for the holidays.
6. The Wine Guy - The new man in town, located at 220 W Main Street in Smithtown, carries a wide variety. If you want to impress people at a fancy party, or just bring something for a low-key gathering, there is something for you here. He offers everything from high-end liquors to affordable bottles for under $10 and the stock changes regularly.
7. Vanderbilt Fine Wine & Spirits: More like a liquor boutique than a store, Vanderbilt will create a custom gift basket for you. In addition to their fine selection of top shelf liquors, they cater to their customer's needs. Located at 42 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway in Commack.
8. The Liquor Corner: Tucked in the corner of the Morewood Plaza shopping center (975 W. Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown) this store is aptly named. They boast an array of rare and hard to find liquors and even offer free delivery.
9. Bottles & Cases: Need to buy in bulk? This superstore offers wonderful discounts for those types of purchases. It offers exotic and imported wines. Traverse the store with a shopping cart to fit all of your holiday party supplies. Whether you're looking for reds, whites, blush, festive or cordials or even liquors - their selection and prices are amazing.
10. Excellent Wine & Liquor: Located at 1746 Veterans Highway in Islandia, has an array of wines and spirits for you to choose from. They are even open from 12 to 5 pm on Sunday to grab that post-holiday bottle.