The holidays are a time when families to come together, often over food. There's so many tempting seasonal treats from gingerbread to eggnog that can lead to weight gain. Hauppauge is full of places that can help you stay slim.
1. is a great alternative to going to the gym. They have classes ranging from pole dancing to Zumba, and even yoga. There are personal trainers available to help you lose that extra weight. You can also take group classes which allows you to work out with friends.
2. is the place for sports fanatics. It specializes in helping you train in the sport of your choice. Next Level has different class to join from free weights to personal training. .
3.offers town residents the opportunity to work out while having fun. This is a great place to ice skate, play hockey and train. Nothing helps you work out and tone your upper and lower body than ice skating.
4.has classes to help you shake off those pounds. Their classes vary between classical ballet to hip hop. It also offers group lessons which can make getting in shape into a fun family event.
5. Want to go to a place owned by a former NFL star? Than s the place for you. If you are an athlete and are tired of the same old workout at the gym, Camp 41 will change up your routine.
6. You don't need anything special, aren't looking for an alternative workout, and are happy to just be at the gym -- if that describes you, than visit on Parkway Drive South. This gym is opens in the wee hours of the morning perfect for that pre-work workout for the businessman or woman.
7. on Smithtown Blvd offers both personal training and lifestyle management. This place is great for those who are looking for personal support and long-term weight loss. Trainers can help focus on endurance, strength in addition to overall body shape.
8. New York Sports Club, at 5 Browns Road in Nesconset, has group classes, a sports club for kids, pools and even a babysitting room. They are a few different memberships that vary in price.
9. Smithtown Snap Fitness Center offers a fast, convenient and affordable workout. They are packed with cardio and exercise equipment. On their website, Snap Fitness offers a free one-week trial to new members. This is a great chance to experience the gym and workout during your week off from work. Smithtown Snap is located on 138-A E. Main Street.
10. If you're looking for a dependable, well-known, popular gym then you might want to join. Their motto is, "This is more than a gym." Gold's Gym offers classes, personal training, nutritionist advice and various other amenities. Classes range from boxing, dance, yoga to spinning.