It's Monday, time to plan for the week ahead. Before you rush off, take a moment to glance over these events happening in Hauppauge and Nesconset this week. There's a number of important community meetings to attend.
Here's our top 5 picks:
1. Find inner peace and a calm state of mind to get through the holiday rush with at the Nesconset branch of the Smithtown Special Library District on Monday at 7:30 p.m. Registration is required.
2. The Hauppauge school district's Board of Education will hold their only meeting for December on Tuesday, 8 p.m. at the former. Discussion topics on the agenda include the Town of Smithtown's proposal to offer a tax incentive to growing commercial and industrial businesses.
3. Have you ever considered opening your own in-home child care? will be offering a on Tuesday and Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. to teach the requirements of those considering this path.
4. Make sure to bring your business cards to ' on Thursday, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. It's a great opportunity to thanks those businesses you've worked with this year, and make new connections for 2012.
5. Gather your family together for holiday tales with Katie's Puppets: Mr. Mouse & the Holiday Candles at the on Friday at 7 p.m. Children need to help Mr. Mouse make decisions and sing-a-long in this interactive tale.