This weekend, be prepared for a variety of musical and holiday-related events to keep you busy. Put on your dancing shoes for a spin or take a last minute class on what to cook for Thanksgiving dinner. There's plenty of things happening in Hauppauge.
Here's our top five picks:
* Hear a variety of older songs and international melodies performed by as part of the Folk World Music program at Friday at 7 p.m. Sponsored by The Friends of The Arts, this 12-piece instrumental concert will expand your knowledge of the world, its culture and musical heritage.
* Grab your dancing shoes for who will play a mix of classic and current rock and R&B in three sets at on Friday starting at 10 p.m.
* Not sure what to cook for your Thanksgiving Day guests? Whole Foods will host to teach about vegetarians and vegan fare to serve at the table on Saturday at noon. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. for a reservation.
* Visit as he arrives at the Smith Haven Mall in Lake Grove to kick off the holiday season.
* Learn about the by taking a musica trip through all the famous lyrics written about the Big Apple at the Hauppauge Public Library from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sunday. This program is sponsored by the New York Council for the Humanities and is open to the public.