The first weekend of Decemer kicks off a flurry of holiday-related activites. The Boy Scouts will be out selling wreathes, there's a holiday boutique for women and children have the opportunity to eat breakfast with Santa.
Here's our top five picks:
1. The will hold a seminar and discussion on on Friday from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Presented by New York Council for the Humanities, discuss how our freedom of speech might be jeopardized at the current time.
2. Hauppauge Boy Scout Troop 343 will be selling wreaths from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of the shopping center. This event was postponed to this week, but the troops are still hoping to fundraise enough for new camping supplies.
3. Let your child eat at the Smith Haven Mall at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday while you get some early morning shoppping done. It costs $5 for this mall program, but come hungry.
4. Not sure what to get for your wife, daughter? will host a from noon to 5 p.m. with vendors selling jewelry, clothing, cosmetics, and wellness items. Admission is free.
5. Watch play songs from the 1920s to the 60s in their sing-a-long concert at the Hauppauge Public Library Sunday from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.