This Wednesday, residents are asked to donate blood to help fill local blood banks this summer in exchange for a pair of free Mets tickets, a barbecue, concert and more. There are so many reasons to donate.
Here's our top five picks:
1. Attend the 's meeting at theat 7:45 a.m. Find out how your business could help give back and support the local community.
2. Donate blood to help save lives at Bloodfest II from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m at the North County Complex on Veterans Highway. Donors will be given two free Mets tickets and be treated to a live musical performance.
3. Teens are invited to a free at Sunken Meadow State Park Field 3 from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., hosted by the Town of Smithtown, in a drug and alcohol-free atmosphere. Wednesday night features Wii on a large movie screen with a free barbecue.
4. It's National Lazy Day, so if you're thinking about that extra mile at work, today's the day to take a load off.
5. Did you lose a loved one – a father, wife, husband, son or daughter – in the Sept. 11 attacks? As the 10th anniversary approaches, we wish to honor your memories. Send a photo and brief caption to the editor at sara-megan.walsh@patch to be included in future memorials.