With summer days dwindling, today is the perfect opportunity to take your mealoutdoors and celebrate Eat Outside Day!
You can eat an ice cream cone on a bench in, stroll down nearby Smithtown Main Street with a bag of trail mix or head downtown to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner outside.
Here's a list of places where you can dine outdoors:
* - Barrington's, located in the Hauppauge Industrial Park's Adam Avenue food court, bills itself as a family-friendly New American eatery. Barrington's offers two menus for patron's to chose from, one at a casual price point and one to suit more upscale tastes.
* Chipotle - This casual mexican eatery off Motor Parkway in Hauppauge offers diners an outdoor seating area, set back from the major roadways. There's overhead awning that provides shade and free wifi from the restaurant.
* - Thie popular burger and fries joint has a few tables just outside its doors, complete with large red umbrellas to protect you from the sun. Place yours order inside and then dig in .
* - An established New American restaurant with 18 years under its belt serving in Hauppauge's industrial park, The Grill Room is a top choice for many any time of the year. Sip cool cocktails in this top dining spot for a treat this weekend.
* - This salad cafe, which also offers homemade soups, paninis, sandwiches and veggie burgers, doesn't offer outdoor seating itself but there's plenty in its shopping plaza. Place your order then grab a table outside.
* Sweet Frog Frozen Yogurt - This new frozen yogurt eatery, next to Five Guys on Veterans Highway, has a handful of lawnchairs outside its doors so patrons can wander outside to indulge. Get there early or quick though, there's only a few seats.
Or try a few nearby restaurants:
* - This Kings Park restaurant on Indian Head Road allows you to eat outside and enjoy much more than just burgers and wings. Try Cowboy Mike’s Famous Chicken Wings with the restaurant’s original Dixie's Smokehouse Texas BBQ sauce, or order a rack of ribs.
* - O's Food and Wine Bar in Smithtown is a European-styled restaurant, cocktail bar and tapas bar. The menu is fusion of European and American fare.
* - A mixture of traditional Mexican food and Southwestern dishes, Del Fuego in Smithtown just opened an outdoor dining area out back.