Friday kicks off the weekend with a host of fun activities for residents of all ages. For students, it marks the finals days of Hauppauge's mid-winter recess, so make every second count.
1. Students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade can bring their friends to an at the . Teen volunteers will help younger students play favorite games and possibly learn a few new ones.
2. There's time one last at in Hauppauge from noon - 5:45 p.m. Bring or rent a pair of skates and hit the ice to test your skills, or a great workout.
3. See , a romantic drama, at the nearby Staller Center for the Arts at Stony Brook University. The film focuses on the story of a Brooklyn-born Palestinian-American who returns to her father’s homeland looking for connections.
4. Hauppauge Lady Eagles girls basketball faced a tough game against No. 2 seeded North Babylon after winning their first playoff game in 14 years, see how they did at 9:30 a.m. on Patch.
5. Write an Op-ed for Hauppauge Patch. We would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on local issues, or how regional and national issues are affecting Hauppauge community. Write an Op-Ed or Letter to the Editor, 500 words or less, and e-mail it to email@example.com.