This Friday is fill with fun snow-related activities, from mittens to hot cocoa and other ways to beat the cold. Of course, sometimes the best way to beat the cold is to suit up and dive into the snow and enjoy it.
1. Let your child become at from 10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. This program for children ages 2 1/2 to 5 is based on stories and fun activities related to mittens. Call 631-979-1600 ahead of time to ensure a seat.
2. Teens can learn to make at Smithtown Public LIbrary's Nesconset Branch from 4 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. Make a craft out of repackaging hot cocoa in decorative wrappers to give to a friend or a cute carry along for those winter days.
3. Travel to the nearby Islip Art Museum to see their from 10 a.m - 4 p.m. The art gallery collection features pieces of works created using only scissors and paper.
4. Tired of the cold and want a taste of summer? burgers offers fresh hamburgers and cheeseburgers for lunch that bring back memories of grilling outdoors. Check out Patch's The Dish later this afternoon.
5. With low temperatures, the snow is around to stay for a couple of days. Share with Patch, your favorite winter activities to enjoy the snow. E-mail your pictures and ideas to the editor at email@example.com