This Wednesday, Hauppauge residents have the opportunity to broaden their perspectives. Children can learn crafts from far away lands while adults sample foods from local farmers and artisans.
Here's our top five picks:
1. Children can learn a new craft at at the starting at 10 a.m. Drop in from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. get creative.
2. Buy local foods and vegetables at Whole Foods' indoorfrom 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Lake Grove. Check Patch later this morning to learn more about farmers markets and what to expect.
3. Sing your heart out at 's from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Admission is free, so who's up to sing?
4. Read about the latest developments at Long Island's MacArthur Airport as Islip Town officials attempt to lure JetBlue this morning on Patch.
5. Do you volunteer or know of a volunteer organization that could use help? Are they preparing to hold a fundraiser or overwhelmed by the task at hand? Share their story with Patch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.