This Wednesday, Patch has launched a new blogging tool for local residents and business owners. It's as simple as logging in and typing up your first post on any subject you want, as often as you want. What do you have to say?
Your Top 5:
1. Cheer on the as it Elwood/John Glenn at at 4 p.m. It's an non-league match as the Lady Eagles are 10-2 in League V while Elwood has a 0-12 record in League IV.
2. While at the high school, cheer on the as it hosts Eastport at 4 p.m. It's the second game in a three-match series after the Eagles narrowly won 6-5 on Monday.
3. Sing your heart out at the 's from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. There's no cover charge, but food and drinks are available for purchase.
4. Patch spoke with local business owners about the rising costs of gasoline at more than $4 for a gallon of 87-octane fuel. The business owners said they'd rather offer a free or low-cost delivery service rather than risk losing customers.
5. Patch wants to hear your opinion. We are focusing on the proposed school budget for the 2011-2012 school year and we want to hear reactions from the local community. Are you afraid your child will be cut if Hauppauge Middle School sports teams are combined, or struggling to pay taxes as an elderly resident? Share your thoughts with us by emailing the editor at email@example.com.