With under two weeks to go before Christmas, it's time to put up your Christmas tree and decorate it. Some people love the smell of a live Fir tree in their living room, while others prefer a pre-lit tree to avoid the mess of dropped needles.
No matter your preference, here's our list of 10 places to buy a Christmas tree:
* Carol's Plant Shed: This independently-operated nursery, located at 196 Smithtown Boulevard in Nesconset, is selling pre-cut Christmas trees that you can take home and decorate to celebrate the holidays. While you are there, pick up fresh wreaths, rope garlands, greens and grave blankets to decorate this winter.
* : This Ronkonkoma store has an array of trees ranging in height from a merely 3-feet tall to those more than 8-feet tall designed to fill large room. Search for one that perfect height for your house, and don’t forget to leave room for the star on top. Jim Nursery also sells 12-inch and 24-inch wreaths, garland ropes and grave blankets.
* Bubba's Garden: The festive gardening location on Veterans Memorial Highway, across from the Commack Post Office has a variety of trees to choose from.
* Hitherbrook Nursery and Florist: This St. James nursery is selling two kinds of Christmas trees, Balsam and Fir. Hitherbrook has both decorated wreaths starting at 10 inches up to 72 inches, and undecorated wreaths for those who want to create a personal piece. They have a few options for roping from the most common White Pine and Boxwood to Oregon mixed to the more expensive Princess Pine. Garlands are sold in 25-yard rolls or by the foot.
* : This store carries a very wide variety of pre-lit Christmas trees. With so many to chose from, ranging in price from about $75 to $3,000, you can be sure to find something in your taste and price range. Sears also carries a variety of ornaments with indoor and outdoor décor.
* Walmart: The Islandia location of this retail chain sells an array of fresh and fake Christmas trees starting at $15, many coming pre-lit. Walmart has a wide variety of ornaments and tree skirts, lights and tree toppers. They also have outdoor décor like lighted spiral tree sculptures and reindeer, etc for sale.
*Fortunoff Backyard Store: This store has a multitude of products including more than 30 life-like trees in variety of shapes and sizes, wreaths and garland, outdoor décor, interior and exterior lights as well as collectibles including Department 56, Lenox, Christopher Radko and Annalee dolls. It's located at 1995 Route 437 in Lake Grove.
* Bed, Bath & Beyond: Located in Lake Grove's Smith Haven Mall Plaza, Bed, Bath & Beyond sells a 4-foot tall, pre-lit tree for $49.99. There are an array of wreaths and ornaments in the store's Christmas section, conveniently in the front of the store. Bed, Bath & Beyond also owns The Christmas Tree Shop chain. The nearest one is in The Deer Park Tanger Outlet. It's a store where it is the Christmas time 365 days a year.
* Hicks Nurseries in Westbury: In addition to offering Christmas trees, wreaths and traditional decorations, Hicks will also be showcasing two live reindeer throughout the holiday season. Visit Comet and Blitzen from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday to Saturday and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sundays.
* Lewin Farms: Cut your own Christmas trees at 812 Sound Avenue in Wading River. Cutting down your own Christmas tree can be a family experience that creates lasting holiday memories. Lewins' offers free wagon rides through the fields of thousands of trees ranging from 4 to 12-feet tall, this 100-acre tree farm is sure to be a sight. Lewin Farms is open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily until the weekend before Christmas.