State Transportation officials warned commuters on Monday that detours along the Long Island Expressway in Suffolk County begin Monday night, and depending on the weather, will continue through Friday.
Road crews with the DOT will start night work at the Nassau/Queens border and head eastbound on the LIE, re-striping the roadway at separate intervals until reaching Medford. Then the crews will return back westbound.
The DOT released the following detour schedule:
- Nassau County/Queens Line to Jericho Turnpike (Exit 40), 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Jericho Turnpike (Exit 40) to Wading River Road (Exit 69), 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Wading River Road (Exit 69) to Middle Country Road (Exit 73), 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Middle Country Road (Exit 73) to Waverly Avenue (Exit 62), 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Waverly Avenue (Exit 62) to Jericho Turnpike (Exit 40), 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Jericho Turnpike (Exit 40) to Nassau County/Queens Line, 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
In the meantime, officials said, slow-moving road operations will also be taking place the length of the LIE, and also along exit ramps, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For up-to-date traffic and travel information, motorists should call 511 or visit www.511NY.org. Motorists may also obtain travel information from the INFORM Transportation Management Center cameras at www.INFORMNY.com and on their hand held communication devices at www.INFORMNY.mobi .