We spoke too soon. While the first leg of this week's Nor'easter resulted in a little rain and wind on Thursday, on Friday it was a different story.
Residents in Happauge woke up to nearly three inches of wet, heavy snow on Friday, coating the area in a blanket of white and making for a slow and slushy morning commute.
Schools remained open on Friday.
According to the National Weather Service, Hauppauge remained in a winter weather advisory, with the forecast calling for another two to four inches of snow throughout the day.
But while memory last month's blizzard likely has locals relieved this storm barley slowed down the region, students of Hauppauge didn't take the lack of a snow day, or even a two-hour-delay, lightly. At least, not the ones posting on Twitter. Here were a few tweets this morning.
- If I hear one person say that they hate hauppauge because there's no delay I'm flipping out
- I hate hauppauge because theres No 2 hour delay
- Hauppauge, Smithtown and Commack are the only schools with no delay this is ridiculous
- Hauppauge would be the only school distict to not have a 2 hour delay.
- With Hauppauge always having school or no delays when other schools do, i'm surprised we didn't have school on hurricane sandy
Nearby Smithtown schools also opened on schedule on Friday.