.
News Alert
Cops: Brooklyn Woman Murdered Housemate, Spread…

Cops: Smoker Starts Motor Parkway Motel Fire

Blaze at Olympic Motor Lodge started by man who said he fell asleep while smoking.

A Friday night fire that displaced 10 people at the Olympic Motor Lodge at 650 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway on the Hauppauge/Brentwood border was caused by a man who fell asleep while smoking a cigarette, police said.

According to Newsday, the unidentified man told Suffolk County Police that he woke up to find his mattress on fire, which he tried and failed to put out before the blaze spread to two adjacent rooms.

Nobody was reported injured in the fire. Police did not charge the smoker with a crime, though cops told Newsday that the force's Arson Squad was investigating.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »