.

Olympic Motor Lodge Remains Closed After Fire

The flames were caused by a man who fell asleep while smoking a cigarette, police said.

The Olympic Motor Lodge in Hauppauge is still closed after a lit cigarette sent three rooms up in flames Feb. 15.

The blaze was caused by a man who fell asleep while smoking a cigarette, police said. According to a Newsday report, the unidentified man told Suffolk County Police that he woke up to find his mattress on fire, which he tried and failed to put out before the blaze spread to two adjacent rooms.

No one was injured in the fire, but it did displace 10 people at the Lodge at 650 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway, police said.

A worker at the motel's front desk said that all of the motel's guests found their own arrangements to stay elsewhere.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something