Patch reported that Town of Smithtown officials said its necessary for Smithtown Building and Public Safety employees to inspect .
Tuesday, Patch cameras captured images of the homes in question.
In , the town put together a list of 19 properties deemed blighted, a list that has grown to 21. A partial list was recently released of abandoned homes in Smithtown, Nesconset, Kings Park and Commack, that officials will look at.
Here are the abandoned homes:
- 77 and 81 West Main St., Kings Park
- 7 Hadley Drive, Smithtown
- 310 Smithtown Boulevard, Nesconset
- 436 Edgewood Ave., Smithtown
- 24 Locust St., Nesconset
- 1131 Jericho Turnpike, Commack
- 299 Southern Boulevard, Nesconset
What action do you think the Town of Smithtown should take against the owners of these homes? How do you think having these homes in your neighborhood impacts where you live?