The Hauppauge Board of Education held its second meeting in October on Tuesday night. There were dozens in attendance for the early evening performances, but few remained by the time the board settled down to work
Here are five things you should know from Tuesday's board meeting:
1. An independent external audit of the Hauppauge school district By R.S. Abrams gave it an unqualified opinion, which is the highest rating the district could have received.
2. The Board of Education recognized senior for winning the Smithtown Historical Society's Mildred E. Smith essay competition.
3. Hauppauge school district officials have named the top 10 students of the Class of 2012. Check Patch to learn more about these students when they are recognized by the Board of Education.
4. Trustees voted unanimously to give tenure to speech teacher Beth Barnett of .
5. Board members and local residents were treated to a performance by the Hauppauge High School Chamber Choir who perform "I'm A Train" by King's Singers and "Jai Ho" from the 2008 movie Slumdog Millionaire.