On Sunday, Port Jefferson Village will celebrate Harvest Fest from noon to 5 p.m. The festival is an annual celebration of both the main harvest of the area, as well as, the village. Admission is free.
Port Jefferson Village Recreation Director Denise Boyd told Patch it’s a must-attend event for residents.
“It’s just a beautiful time of year where people can come celebrate their families, their pets and our village," Boyd said. "It’s a perfect setting to celebrate fall.”
Schedule of events:
· Farmers Market from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. across from Village Way Restaurant
· Pumpkin Decorating from noon to 2 p.m. at The Village Center ($5/child)
· Haunted Walking Tours, noon to 3 p.m., at Village Way
· Face Painting & Halloween Activities, noon to 3 p.m. at Village Way
· Chowder Crawl, noon to 4 p.m., registration is at Village Way (fee)
· Costumed Dog Parade, 2 p.m., East Main Street
· Fall Foliage Craft Activity, 3 p.m., The Port Jefferson Library
· Sand Art Craft, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Chase Parking Lot
Happening throughout the day:
· Make Slime & Witches Brew, The Maritime Explorium (fee)
· Live Music
· Scarecrow Alley, East Main Street
· Marshmallow Roasting, Frigate Parking Lot
· Fire Roasted Corn, Twilight Café at Harbor Square Mall Back Lot (fee)
· Darkside Characters, across from Village Way Restaurant
· Antique Farm Machinery, Chase Parking Lot
· Woodcarving Demonstration, across from Village Way
· Wine Tasting, Vine to Wine on Wynn Lane
· Antique Cars, “East End Boys Club,” on Mill Creek Road
· Animal Rescue Group, “Unchained New York,” on Mill Creek Road & Chase Walkway.