Fairs & Festivals
Visit the Nesconset Farmers Market. Open every Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m., through Nov. 16, residents can come down to the shopping center at Nesconset Plaza, 127 Smithtown Blvd., for farm-fresh fruits, veggies and homemade goods.
- When it comes to al fresco dining this summer, Blend Wine and Tapas is the place to be. Live music fills the outdoor patio Thursday through Saturday at the restaurant, located at 321 Nesconset Hwy., in Hauppauge. This weekend, features Josh Boorum on Thursday, Chilly Willie on Friday and Anthony Romano on Saturday.
Smithtown Recreation Program offers a pre-school readiness program for children ages 18 months - 5 years, participate with a caregiver on Friday.
Enjoy live music outdoors on the lawn of the Smithtown Public Library at 8 p.m. on Thursday nights. The Rotary Clubs of Smithtown and Smithtown-Sunrise will be collecting non-perishable food for local food pantries.
- Join The Smithtown Library for a Friday movie matinee, from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., featuring a current or classic movie.
- Aaah, those summer nights. Catch a performance of Grease this weekend at the Smithtown Theater.
Join the Kings Park Fire Department to help them celebrate their free 100th anniversary with a Concert in the Park on Saturday, from 1 p.m - 10 p.m, on the fields of RJO Middle School and WIlliam T. Roger Middle School. There will live music, free food, inflatables, rides, and fun-filled activities for the kids. Don’t miss the fireworks by Grucci at night.
Test yourself in the kitchen at the Summer Salad Cookoff hosted by Main St. Pub this Saturday at 5 p.m. Make your best potato salad, pasta salad or coleslaw. Prizes for the top 3 entries.
Get your car washed by the Kings Park cheerleaders this Saturday at Kings Park High School from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Abrakadoodle will be helping the Kings Park Fire Department celebrate by providing face painting and activities for the children on Saturday.
The New Yorkers , a talented group of four men, will perform the best songs of the 50s, 60s and 70s during Friday’s Musical Moments in Kings Park. Fun starts at Russ Savatt Park on Main Street in Kings Park at 7:30 p.m.
- The Kings Park Farmers Market is held on Sunday from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. in the municipal parking lot across from the firehouse on Main Street. If you post some pics while you’re grabbing some fresh goods at the Farmers Market, email us a link at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tag your posts on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #KPMarket and we’ll grab them too for a gallery after the event.
Join the Commack Jewish Center for their Open House on Sunday at 3 p.m. Meet Rabbi Klatzker and his wife while enjoying live music and fun-filled activities for children..
The Hoyt Farm Summer Concert Series continues this weekend with a movie night Friday showing, ‘ET The Extra-Terrestrial’ at 8:30 p.m. and a circus performer at 7:30 p.m. The fun continues on Sunday with Billy Joel Mov’in Out Band, a tribute band starting at 7 p.m.Hoyt Farm is located at 200 New Hwy., Commack.
- Enjoy live music and entertainment this weekend at Perfecto Mundo in the Northgate Shopping Center (1141-1 Jericho Tpke., Commack). See Russ Seeger perform Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Norman Vincent Saturday at 8 p.m.